Sunday, May 31, 2009

Blog News

Sadly, I've fallen out of the Biblioblog Top 50 for May.  I was #25 in April. I'm not too surprised because my traffic levels dropped off quite a bit after the weather started to warm up.  At least, I'd like to attribute it to seasonal changes, but it probably has more to do with the fact that I posted little of substance in May, being otherwise occupied with the final weeks of teaching Biblical Poetry in Translation at UW-Madison and finishing off some independent research on Psalms. Hopefully, I posted something at least worthy of making the next Biblical Studies Carnival at Ketuvim. It's not like I post constantly yet with little that is original or substantive (like, say, the reigning #1 biblioblog). [I'm teasing, Jim . . . keep up the good work.]

The other announcement is that . . . (no, I'm not moving to Wordpress like John Anderson did - I don't particularly care for Wordpress) . . . the other announcement is that my Blogger profile now has an email address for people who want to contact me directly for whatever reason.  The address is doug DOT bibliahebraica AT gmail DOT com.

Also, I'm going to give this crazy Twitter fad a second chance. You can follow me @dougmangum if you care about that sort of thing.

2 comments:

  1. as ive said numerous times- substance is for published volumes. rubbish and fluff are blogworthy topics!

    so im not miffed at ya, you vicious hebraist.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pseudo-plug! I look forward to you posting more.

    Shalom!

    ReplyDelete