Saturday, August 22, 2009

Random Verse: Jeremiah 2:9

For your edification, I give you a randomly selected verse from the Book of Jeremiah.
Jeremiah 2:9 (ESV) 
"Therefore I still contend with you, declares the Lord,
and with your children's children I will contend.
I'm thinking of making a "Random Verse a Day" tear-off calendar. Of course, I will select the ones with the least relevance in order to counterweight the usual verse-a-day calendars that only pick the 365 most well-worn and familiar verses in the Bible.

In future posts, I'm widening the Random Verse parameters to include anything in any Bible I have, so New Testament and Apocryphal books will be fair game depending on which Bible I randomly pick up.

Score: Randomness 8-2



1 comment:

  1. Thi9s is my favourite so far for real bibliomancy, God is always "contending" with people, and Job suggests has a soft spot for those who contend back (at least seems to).

    But the weird one from Proverbs the other day just has to go in the calendar ;) And I must note the reference so I can "give" it to students in need :)

    ReplyDelete