Thursday, August 6, 2009

Why I Need a Kindle

The list of books from my wish list now available for Kindle is growing steadily. An earlier listing I made of biblical studies books available on Kindle is here.

1. John Walton, Ancient Near Eastern Thought and the Old Testament
2. The ESV Study Bible
3. Mark S. Smith, The Origins of Biblical Monotheism
4. Kevin J. Vanhoozer, Theological Interpretation of the Old Testament

Now it would be really cool if the IVP Bible Dictionary series was available for Kindle. For now they're not, but I saw an update from IVpress on Twitter that said IVP is in the process of making their publications available on Kindle. I don't know if that included the dictionary series. The volumes I want the most are Pentateuch and Wisdom Literature.



1 comment:

  1. The kindle is a really tempting gadget, but I don't like DRM in principle. And Amazon's recent Orwellian actions against its own customers shows that the digital books we buy aren't 100% ours, unlike printed ones.

    ReplyDelete